Cakes and Beyond

Welcome! I'm posting on this page all the cakes & desserts that I've created. All of my cakes are homemade, covered in homemade buttercream frosting, and decorated with homemade marshmallow fondant, almond and chocolate flavored (This is fondant that you will actually want to eat). I have several cake flavors and am always looking for new flavors to try. Quality is the most important thing to me in my cakes - I won't make something that tastes bad just to look good and neither will I make something that tastes good but is boring.

Feel free to browse and click the contact button to email me if you want a cake!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

A year for cupcakes! Part 2


Just a few more cakes & cupcakes - and we'll have covered it all. :-)

Putting extra vanilla makes buttercream that beautiful color and the taste, yumm.... wow I never knew how much I liked vanilla until I tried it this way. Above were "just cause" cupcakes to enjoy with friends. :-)

Below is a wedding shower cake for a bride who loves purses. The handle is made of fondant "beads" that are strung on a wire. Forgive the terrible picture, the light is all wrong- but it was a cute cake and in person the "leather purse" idea come across great.


I will say, this will probably always be my favorite way of doing a cake board.


Below are two quick cupcakes (Halloween & Christmas) that I did for my daughter's Kindergarten class. Not sure if you can see, but I did add smiles to all the spiders just to make sure they looked friendly!

Below, I tried a different frosting idea- I used royal icing to get that smooth, sheen. And the decorations are made of colored white & regular chocolate that I piped out onto wax paper.

Well that's the quick of the long. My "cake" season is coming up (with all of my family having birthdays in the spring/summer). Plus a few more events thrown in there. Hopefully I'll be better at posting quicker! Too bad I didn't have any cake to eat while posting these pictures- I'm hungry now - anyone up for baking? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment