Cakes and Beyond

Welcome! I'm posting on this page all the cakes & desserts that I've created. All of my cakes are homemade, covered in homemade buttercream frosting, and decorated with homemade marshmallow fondant, almond and chocolate flavored (This is fondant that you will actually want to eat). I have several cake flavors and am always looking for new flavors to try. Quality is the most important thing to me in my cakes - I won't make something that tastes bad just to look good and neither will I make something that tastes good but is boring.

Feel free to browse and click the contact button to email me if you want a cake!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Baby Blocks Birthday Cake






This cake was for the same family, but this was for the actual birthday party. Each big block is a different flavor cake: chocolate, white almond, and marble with chocolate chips (my new favorite!). Again frosted in buttercream and decorated with marshmallow fondant. The block letters spell out Happy Birthday. The birthday boy also got his own personal cake, which had the number 1 for his age on it. And once again the small blocks with his name are square cake pops. The colors don't come through like I would like it on the picture. The orange and the red look the same in the picture, but you can use your imagination for that. :-) The colors were fun and vibrant. I kept the star theme only on the cake board to accent the blocks and to keep it more simple, since there is a lot going on in this cake. My desire was for it to just look like a bunch of blocks thrown together on the floor. Hope you like it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment