Cakes and Beyond

Welcome! I'm posting on this page all the cakes & desserts that I've created. All of my cakes are homemade, covered in homemade buttercream frosting, and decorated with homemade marshmallow fondant, almond and chocolate flavored (This is fondant that you will actually want to eat). I have several cake flavors and am always looking for new flavors to try. Quality is the most important thing to me in my cakes - I won't make something that tastes bad just to look good and neither will I make something that tastes good but is boring.

Feel free to browse and click the contact button to email me if you want a cake!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Handy Manny Toolbox Cake







Here's the latest cake: Handy Manny's Toolbox. It has all the fun characters seen in the cartoon (since we hadn't seen much of it, I made sure to "research" the show with my 2-year-old Gwen - which she thoroughly enjoyed!). The cake is made to look like a toolbox and the only non-edible in it is the handle which is a cake dowel covered in fondant.

Now to what I'm most excited about in this cake: (non-egg) chocolate chip cookie dough. Yea! Watch for a coming post "Ode to the Cookie Dough".... anyways this cake is white vanilla cake with a chocolate chip cookie dough filling, and the cookie dough frosting. I did cover the cake in homemade marshmallow fondant to get the wood grain coloring. Hopefully little Blaine (turning 2) really enjoyed his cake! I certainly had fun researching (& taste testing) to prepare for this cake. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment