Cakes and Beyond

Welcome! I'm posting on this page all the cakes & desserts that I've created. All of my cakes are homemade, covered in homemade buttercream frosting, and decorated with homemade marshmallow fondant, almond and chocolate flavored (This is fondant that you will actually want to eat). I have several cake flavors and am always looking for new flavors to try. Quality is the most important thing to me in my cakes - I won't make something that tastes bad just to look good and neither will I make something that tastes good but is boring.

Feel free to browse and click the contact button to email me if you want a cake!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Decadent Chocolate Garden Party Cake





Well I had to think of a better title & Chocolate Garden Party Cake definitely fit the cake better, but I couldn't leave out decadent because the chocolate, oh the chocolate! It had been a while since I had covered a cake with Chocolate Buttercream, and I think I'll have to do more with that frosting! YUM (if I do say so myself!) :-)

This cake was inspired by my very chic friend, Stacey, for her 40th birthday. I was told for the design to have pinks, purples, garden party & chocolate. And this is what I came up with. The buttercream is textured with upstrokes and I love the look, neat but messy all at the same time. The flowers are done with store bought fondant (it hardens much better than homemade), but the silver rope & "fabric" w/ button are all homemade marshmallow fondant. The silver color doesn't come through great in the pictures, but hopefully you get the chic garden feel of the cake. I really loved doing this cake & am always looking for more to do! If you're in the Chicagoland area, click on the "Email me" on the side of my post & I'll be able to get you info on availability, flavors & prices. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment