Cakes and Beyond

Welcome! I'm posting on this page all the cakes & desserts that I've created. All of my cakes are homemade, covered in homemade buttercream frosting, and decorated with homemade marshmallow fondant, almond and chocolate flavored (This is fondant that you will actually want to eat). I have several cake flavors and am always looking for new flavors to try. Quality is the most important thing to me in my cakes - I won't make something that tastes bad just to look good and neither will I make something that tastes good but is boring.

Feel free to browse and click the contact button to email me if you want a cake!

Friday, June 5, 2009

Cinderella Cake







My 3-year-old daughter, Christine, is obsessed with not only princesses, but especially Cinderella, so my choice for her cake was decided long ago. I would do the classic barbie-in-a-cake cake. Cinderella's dress is covered in buttercream and then marshmallow fondant. The cake that Cinderella is standing on is covered in almond buttercream frosting. The birds and Gus Gus are also marshmallow fondant. My favorite moment with making this cake was the morning of her party, Christine opens the fridge and says, "Mom! It's Gus Gus!" She had seen the process of me making Cinderella the day before, but I had made Gus Gus after she went to bed. I was so thrilled that she recognized him. He isn't my best work, but in that one moment, it was more than enough for me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment