Cakes and Beyond

Welcome! I'm posting on this page all the cakes & desserts that I've created. All of my cakes are homemade, covered in homemade buttercream frosting, and decorated with homemade marshmallow fondant, almond and chocolate flavored (This is fondant that you will actually want to eat). I have several cake flavors and am always looking for new flavors to try. Quality is the most important thing to me in my cakes - I won't make something that tastes bad just to look good and neither will I make something that tastes good but is boring.

Feel free to browse and click the contact button to email me if you want a cake!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Princess Crown Pillow Cake


Happy 4th Birthday to my sweet Christine! I was looking for a small and easy cake to do for this birthday because of the twins and my husband's cake just a few weeks ago. So when Christine asked for a Sleeping Beauty Cake for the past 6 months, I gently redirected her to something that was still princess but less detail. Thus, the crown on a pillow cake. :-)


This cake is perfect for a family party and will probably only serve up 10 servings at most, which is perfect if you love cake but hate the calories! (I'm sure I'll get sick of cake sometime, but gosh - if it's sitting in my fridge, you better bet I'm having some at least once, okay maybe twice a day) :-)


This cake is covered with my homemade marshmallow fondant (vanilla flavored today) over chocolate cake & chocolate buttercream frosting. The crown is store bought fondant (it hardens much better than homemade). I was thrilled with the crown as it was my first try - it turned out great.... until I was too clumsy and broke it! Since the cake wasn't for someone paying me (sorry Christine!), I just "glued" (with water) it back together. Oh well, perfection isn't always possible!


Finally, I love the use of the edible pearl dust, it's great for making silver and who doesn't love things that sparkle. We'll be eating this cake today - so I'm looking forward to it!

Watch out for my next post - Decadent Chocolate Shabby Chic Cake
(hmm, I'll have to work on the title) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment